Trying to translate poem Sluníčko by Josef Václav Sládek - suitable for 1st year schoolers/preschoolers

 

Attention,

This post is. a mix of English and Czech, 

I am simply keeping a journal of the poems selections suitable for preschoolers and primary school students. I think it will be helpful in future. As a foreigner, is really hard to find what are the suitable, classic poems here so I use the Internet and hope to not make a disaster. If you have a translatuion, please help me viat the comments section. Thank you!

 Nejlepší básničky pro děti - great pomes for kids

Sluníčko

Já kočička malá,

jak jsem ráno vstala,

hned jsem to sluníčko

smát se uhlídala.


A kdyby se smálo

stokrát do pokoje,

tak se neusměje,

jak matička moje.


In English could sound like:


the Sun


I am a little cat (kitten),

who just got up in the morning

Just now looking 

at the smiling sun.


And if he (the Sun) laughed

hundred times in the room,

That smile won't be

Like my mom's.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Put Back On the IKEA Mattress Cover

List of English Speaking Doctors in Brno

How to Apply for a VZP Refund - Easy Tutorial by ExpatMom