Solar System from Polistiren

 Keeping the boys busy at most times made me realise in time, that I must learn to enjoy the activities with them. Otherwise, I risk a burn out on the long term. I did have times when such burn happened and it was hard to come back to the previous energy levels, bring myself into the play state and always stay curious and enthusiast about the wonderful world of childhood. I am an adult and day to day responsibilities do have a toll on my energy levels and state. Is not only rainbows and sunshine or unicorns but I try every day to be better for them, to be there for them and offer the support they so much need. Most of the times we enjoy the great outdoors but the boys do have lots of indoor activities as well. 

I use the Internet a lot for inspiration but at times we just do whatever crosses our minds, invent games and make toys from cardboard (we did cars, house, an airplane and rockets). The elder boys seem to be very interested about the Universe and so we have My first Big Universe Book from National Geographic. They have painted all the planets and have so many drawings with our Galaxy, the Universe and rockets or their latest interest: spatial observers. I don t know if the passion for space is common in all kids, but mine do love it. As a child I was fascinated mostly by the night shy. I used to spend my summers just looking up to the night sky, singing to the Moon and dreaming about what each star means. My other passion, during daytime was to sit in tree, all day long. So what a nice opportunity now to relive my childhood in the best company - that of our sons.

I spent nice time trying to help our son build his Solar System from polistiren balls and we did even a video to remember it. As he had to stay in quarantine, we had our special time while brothers were in school/nursery. In the evening his big brother did his own solar system as well.

Here you can watch the full video:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Put Back On the IKEA Mattress Cover

List of English Speaking Doctors in Brno

How to Apply for a VZP Refund - Easy Tutorial by ExpatMom