Homework Journal (druhy rok, Cesky Jazyk): Slovo a Slovni Vyznam pracovni sesit domaci ukol

 Well, here I am logging the journey. The reason I decided to keep some kind of journal of these homework is that it might help me with our sons when they will join school. Now the eldest is in second grade and I am already starting to feel overwhelmed. I know, is not my responsibility his homework, no I do not prepare his schoolbag for next day. But, I do check on him, how he is doing in school and in general, I sit and help next to him during the homework making process. I am lucky he is so smart and knows Czech. But I do not know (to my shame) so I use my best friend assistant Dr. Google Translator. To make the process easier, sometimes I print and make own notes, translate in advance the tasks or write down in own language so I know how to explain him in native then in Czech. 

For me, until now, I find Czech Langauge discipline as being the most difficult. I would love to hear from other parents, mothers, fathers or grandparents out there. How do you do it and what advice do you have for me, lost in translation?

I will drop a note on my blog (btw, I am thinking to move my writing to Medium platform, what do you say of that) documenting parts of the homework that I sometimes struggle with, so I have a place to check on next years when our other boys will join school. Who knows what kind of patience and resources I will have at that time, so a photo and tags here might be handy. Also, if you as an expat reader, parent here in Czech republic have any tips for me, do let me know. I need all the help I can get. Sometimes I will post photos, sometimes just text, depends how I manage. 

In today post is photo of my own printed image of homework that I wrote down, whil son wrote it in his own workbook (he wrote and then I wrote how he solved it, helping with explanations whenever needed). I DID NOT write his homework, never did that, just want to put that clearly here from start. I just support and help when needed, make my own notes to learn and be able to explain. Second grade only.

Sometime I might put the written text by son, just now we managed to make photos of my prints only, it was late and we were tired, so that is why sometimes you see just my handwritting (is easier or faster at some point, depends).

Now, if you need a translation of the czech text, that will be troublesome for me as I did not write it down. But do let me know if such thing might help, I will make sure to include a translation.

Here are my notes for homework at Cesky Jazyk: Slovo a Slovni Vyznam:






Also, I made notes in Czech and in my native langauge bellow explaining what slova prodrazena means and small examples (had to explain it to the kid, you might not need that just overlook):

NOTE: this is not intended for children. Is support for helpăing parents who supervise kids at homework.

I understand some children have access to Internet and social media even in second grade but this is not for children, please make sure the parents give consent before using. Also, my journal is posted for helping me and other parents. It si written publicly based on assumption that parents monitor online activity of children. 

I am using the content of the workbooks as fair use, have no material gains from this. In case this is found to be against copyright, will promptly remove it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Put Back On the IKEA Mattress Cover

List of English Speaking Doctors in Brno

How to Apply for a VZP Refund - Easy Tutorial by ExpatMom